Twin Turbo?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
the only type that will work are the roots type eaton m62 and a harrop tvs1320 the tvs puts out too much pressure for the stock 2.2 engine to handle after some forging its good to go

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truth...but to all the turbo newbs...dont go cheap..i went cheap and it ended up costin me way more in the long run. i ended up upgrading everything eventually. only thing cheap i got is my 60 trim turbo which actually is doin very well with the amount of boost im running thru it. still has minimal shaft play still not leaking oil still just doing good all around, but i will be upgrading to a precision 6262 when i get $1000

For the love of god... don't go with the 6262. Hahaha

who do i And thanks everyone for your kind words she got really bad last nighask about buying a supercharger then and what are some brand names

My friend has the entire supercharger set-up off of his 2007 SS/SC ready to sell.

M62 w/ 2.8 & 3.1" pulleys, Stg2 Injectors, Intake Manifold, Stock H/E, ZZP Stg3 H/E, OTTP 3" Intake, Stg2 belt, LSJ Tensioner & Bracket, LSJ Ported Exhaust Manifold, ZZP Catless Downpipe, and GMPP Catback.

There is probably more that I am forgetting... but anything S/C related will be off his car and shipped as soon as someone fronts the money. When we put the 2.8" pulley on, we pulled the S/C off the manifold... and the thing is pristine. Not really any oil build up or anything from the breather.

Without any of the Exhaust components: $1200 plus shipping. Damn good price, imo, since it includes the ZZP H/E and the 3" Stainless intake.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the love of god... don't go with the 6262. Hahaha

My friend has the entire supercharger set-up off of his 2007 SS/SC ready to sell.

M62 w/ 2.8 & 3.1" pulleys, Stg2 Injectors, Intake Manifold, Stock H/E, ZZP Stg3 H/E, OTTP 3" Intake, Stg2 belt, LSJ Tensioner & Bracket, LSJ Ported Exhaust Manifold, ZZP Catless Downpipe, and GMPP Catback.

There is probably more that I am forgetting... but anything S/C related will be off his car and shipped as soon as someone fronts the money. When we put the 2.8" pulley on, we pulled the S/C off the manifold... and the thing is pristine. Not really any oil build up or anything from the breather.

Without any of the Exhaust components: $1200 plus shipping. Damn good price, imo, since it includes the ZZP H/E and the 3" Stainless intake.

wats wrong with the 6262?

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it... its just too big for a Cobalt. Unless you're shooting for 700hp... you don't need something that big. Thing won't spool until 5k.

A 5557 is plenty big. Enough for high 400's, low 500's if you push it hard enough. If you actually spend your money wisely and get the Billet Compressor wheel, it'll make mid-500's when pushed hard and hit full boost around 3500rpm.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
full boost at 3500 sounds way better lol. thanks for the advice, ima def look into that.

time for me to go back to school again for financial aid money for more car parts lol

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais