What do you all want to see on this site?

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
Idea to help add on to that chat room idea, if there was a way to log that chat and post it up in a thread as a conventional forum thread I would definetly like that a lot. Would help out quite a bit.

usually there is a way to have a flash version as well as a logged version like u are talking about.

Look here
http://www.elantragtclub.com/id126.html

^^^^That is a very good example of a worth while DIY section that I think CCF.com would greatly benefit from.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure theres a way to make it so the originator of the chat could organize it. Such as Titleing and placing in the appropriate section.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

After seeing that DIY section I really like the idea a lot. Sounds really similar to our How-To section though.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure theres a way to make it so the originator of the chat could organize it. Such as Titleing and placing in the appropriate section.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

After seeing that DIY section I really like the idea a lot. Sounds really similar to our How-To section though.

"how to" doesn't catch ppl's attention as much IMHO, "DIY" is something EVERYBODY knows and usually catches their attention better. It has to be organized and laid out like the one I posted the link to.

How-to's are important to keep but I think we could organize some of the smaller ones into a DIY section.......maybe a guideline for DIY is under 1 hour projects? under 2 hours? start simple and leave the full How-to's in that section?

Am I goin the right direction here guys?

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"how to" doesn't catch ppl's attention as much IMHO, "DIY" is something EVERYBODY knows and usually catches their attention better. It has to be organized and laid out like the one I posted the link to.

How-to's are important to keep but I think we could organize some of the smaller ones into a DIY section.......maybe a guideline for DIY is under 1 hour projects? under 2 hours? start simple and leave the full How-to's in that section?

Am I goin the right direction here guys?

and we could have a search function for the DIY section that would allow someone to find a project that would take less than so much time, or be X amount of difficulty.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
and we could have a search function for the DIY section that would allow someone to find a project that would take less than so much time, or be X amount of difficulty.

For the start of a DIY section a search function is not needed, just sections for Interior, Exterior, Engine, ect, but after awhile it will get full and yes search function at that point will be ftw. We should have a section for 1 hour projects, 2 hour projects, half a day project, all day project, weekend project, ect and yes a difficulty rating is extremely important.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me, just gotta get Shaggy and/or Tom in here on this.

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember trying to get an answer through PM with him and never got one. :facepalm:

The only way he responds to you is if you threaten his forum on the threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup