What do you use to clean your balt..

Tyrone Biggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i prob got like 10 products in my snap on cabinet...but i only use the wax, special window cleaner, tuff stuff ( people cant keep their damn shoes on the floor mat) and quick detailer...when i had my cougar i went out and got some wheel cleaner ( idr what the name of it was it was a purple bottle) and the shit would make running spots on the rims and would not come off for weeks. after that i just use hot ass water and soap on my rims.

I use some stuff called surf city and there wheel cleaner is awesome! It doesnt do what you are talking about. It cleans your wheels and doesnt leave that residue you are talking about.

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a pic of my old car in my album...they are rims...but they are like hard plastic rims lol.

on my sport lt i have the aluminum rims...im afraid to do try anything else in fear of screwing them up.

i wash them with a pressure washer and some high grade soap....they look great, just i need a lil more shine to them.

Tyrone Biggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a pic of my old car in my album...they are rims...but they are like hard plastic rims lol.

on my sport lt i have the aluminum rims...im afraid to do try anything else in fear of screwing them up.

i wash them with a pressure washer and some high grade soap....they look great, just i need a lil more shine to them.

Those brushed alluminum rims like the SS has? You can use a alluminum polishing cream on them. Id recommend this though
http://www.surfcitygarage.com/detail1.php?product_id=23

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those brushed alluminum rims like the SS has? You can use a alluminum polishing cream on them. Id recommend this though
http://www.surfcitygarage.com/detail1.php?product_id=23

its the step down from the ss, it only comes on the lt sport package...hold on ill get a pic of my car to show you

DSCI0810.jpg

Tyrone Biggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its the step down from the ss, it only comes on the lt sport package...hold on ill get a pic of my car to show you

DSCI0810.jpg

Ill be honest I used the wheel cleaner stuff on my little sisters LT, it has those wheels, and it made them shine big time. I also use them on my aftermarket black wheels with the chrome lip.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Surf city cleaning and detailing products are the shit,Grade A good quality stuff there!pricey but worth it.

~Mike~

Reaction score
Here's the steps I take when I'm doing a FULL(w/o buffing cuz iono how lol) detail on my car and it's always worked wonders for me.

First, I gather all my crap...soap, rags, leaf blower, wax, clay, buckets, finish detailer, etc...

First I either start at very early morning as the sun is starting to come up or in the evening as it's on it's way down, whichever works best for my schedule that day. Also, ALWAYS make sure it's in the shade so I don't get damn waterspots. Steps as follows

1. Fill 1 bucket with soapy water and the other is a clean water rinse bucket
2. Wash car and de-tar/de-bug the car so I have a nice surface to start with
3. Clay bar the ENTIRE car(takes me about 4-6 hours)
4. Wash the entire car again making sure there's no clay residue left behind or anything I missed the first time around.
5. Turn on leaf blower and blow water off my car(never use towels of any variety, they cause swirl marks thus defeating the clay bar process alltogether. Yes, that includes microfiber towels as well)
6. Eagle 1 Nano wax 1x1 sections on the car at a time.
7. Go over entire car and make sure I didn't miss anything with the wax.
8. Once all is good, finish detailer to give it a realllll bright shine
9. I use w/e on windows and such
10. Take photos lol

Btw, I use w/e soap I can get my hands on but usually try to use the better stuff like meguiars. When I'm done with my car which is about a 6-8 hour process, you can read the serial number of a dollar bill about 2 feet away from my paint. So I think I do ok'ish

Tyrone Biggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so use the compound?

Surf city makes a beyond clay wax that is amazing. I have gotten overspray of my Z twice with it. It will literally leave the paint smooth as a womens ass. How I got turned onto it was, I was out at autozone, and they had this stuff. I never bought it. I went in just to grab some stuff and thought Id give it a try. It was gone. No one had used it, so they were sending it back. I got a complete box of this stuff for 125.00. There was most likely 500.00 worth of cleaning stuff from them. I have been absolutely amazed since day one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson