What do you use to clean your balt..

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure what soap i use, its the stuff that my shop gets for all the detailing. but thats all i use really. i wash it, i dry it with a shammy and thats it. interior its simply a vacuum and baby wipes believe or not. as for wax i've tried the eagle one nano one and it worked amazing i must say. but now i'm using a meguirs wax, i forget which one it is

chevycobaltmax

Reaction score
I usually take it to a local detail shop here and let them do it, but if Im feeling extra good I do it myself. I am a big fan of meguires when doing it myself. I did read recently some rave reviews on the turtle wax Ice stuff or whatever that new crap is called. I will have to get me some of that wax and give it a try next time I do my own car.

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ice is amazing, i wax mine with carnba wax every 3 months and every 2-3 weeks i use the ice.

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never wash clean my car. seems to be working out for me.

IMG_2213copy.jpg

IMG_2215copy.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

DSC04732.jpg

sike. i just wash my car with the cheapest cleaning products i can find. honestly turbowax or companies that cost more than the cheapest u can find honestly do nothing. i've tried many different waxes on my car and honestly if u look up consumer reports or consumer ratings on waxes they test out like 60+ different car waxes and the ones in k-mart or wallmart that are the cheapest usually are the best. you don't have to take my word. it's hard to show how flawless my car really is but those who have seen it in real life know. also i wash my car with a big brush and just find the cheapest car cleaning stuff and water it down then brush off all the stuff then dry it then every now and then wax it. 2 to maybe 3 times a year.

good luck and stop trying to waste your money on expensive cleaning products. i still to this day just use a normal old towel that i used to shower with an cheapest cleaning product i can find then the cheapest wax i can find usually turtle wax or something. good luck!!!

ps. people who post up pic's half the time it is how good the camera is or the angles so you can never really tell who has the cleanest car on the internet unless you got them all together. anyways my car is 3years old and has 40k+ miles on it and daily driven every day.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

yes i am a Turbowax fanatic, but i have also never used anything but turbo wax

there in lies your problem. lol

i used black magic b4 meguires

BLACK MAGIC is probably the cheapest wax you will find and it is rated #1 by consumer reports vs. all other car waxes.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

----------------------------------------
http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/living/autos/cr-rates-car-waxes-60626.shtml

black magic is prob one of the cheapest and rated the best out of 60+ other car waxes and still today the best. go think whatever you want but consume reports did a testing on all the hot name brands plus others and BLACK MAGIC still comes out up top and #1.

price isn't everything and if i was everyone in here i'd go invest and buy some of that at k-mart or wallmart and you let me know how you like it. i've personally tried a bunch of different waxes and found out that the cheap ones are usually the better ones.

Reaction score
Oh man.. I can tell you what NOT to use to detail your ride... this cheap spray detailer that comes in the trigger plastic bottle.. (what the heck is the name of it...darn crud tarnished the anodized aluminum parts on my motorcycle and started to mess with the chrome). I stick with Meguiars Quick Detailer spray - I've tried many and theirs work the best on painted surfaces. I stay away from Mothers products... i have used two of their products that just suck ( aluminum polish, and their spray detailer).

They seriously formulate their aluminum polish to turn aluminum grey within one to two weeks, why... so people will have to buy more of it. It's a lame product. Well besides it only works on bare aluminum but it still sucks. Just my opinion.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any/all Mothers products,Meguiars,Turtle wax and some Eagleone products, But Mothers has been my favorite.
Ignore the blackmagic products, im ashamed i own them, none of there stuff work, with the ezception of there wax is OK for headlights but thats it.
945a82fb.jpg

DSCF2683.jpg

HeadLightRestoration033.jpg

Shes NEVER dirty for more then a week at most lol ocd yes but i love my car.
stuff015.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie