Alberta Random Talk

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
nathan its not that your defending yourself its how your defending yourself by calling people names and giving good company's a bad name. we didn't warranty your shifter because its caused by excessive strain on the shifter. now if shaw warrantied it great but that decision was made by jim at shag south and it was because we had seen it like 3 times before.

If you read my previous post I admit i took shit to far, k?

Let me clear this up right now pls, steve, NOBODY had ever seen my Cobalt for a shifter problem before, pls get that straight right now. Shag south looked at it for 2 mins and said fuk it he abused it too bad.....that's bullshit, spirited driving and abuse are 2 different things, and nobody is with me 24/7 to say if i was abusing it or not.

Now something you need to learn about auto-x in my car is that I shift into 2nd quickly and leave it there the WHOLE COURSE.......where am i straining my shifter if it's LEFT IN 2nd gear?? I don't use NLS during auto-x because i never get past 2nd gear, that is how the course is setup. I am presenting the facts, u can take them anyway you choose.

Projekt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read my previous post I admit i took shit to far, k?

Let me clear this up right now pls, steve, NOBODY had ever seen my Cobalt for a shifter problem before, pls get that straight right now. Shag south looked at it for 2 mins and said fuk it he abused it too bad.....that's bullshit, spirited driving and abuse are 2 different things, and nobody is with me 24/7 to say if i was abusing it or not.

Now something you need to learn about auto-x in my car is that I shift into 2nd quickly and leave it there the WHOLE COURSE.......where am i straining my shifter if it's LEFT IN 2nd gear?? I don't use NLS during auto-x because i never get past 2nd gear, that is how the course is setup. I am presenting the facts, u can take them anyway you choose.

im sorry man, i've done my fair share of auto-x and to say it doesnt put strain on your car let alone your powertrain...your out to lunch.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
im sorry man, i've done my fair share of auto-x and to say it doesnt put strain on your car let alone your powertrain...your out to lunch.

i'm not saying my powertrain does not receive some strain but we were talking about my shifter. The courses up here that the various clubs run are short courses, under 1 minute, and since starting auto-x I have been short shifting into 2nd gear.......a broken bolt on the tranny that holds the shifter cables on could not have been caused from short shifting to 2nd gear.

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ward your the outcast in this thread lol. and nathan short shifting does put added strain on your shifter, linkage and powertrain and its not designed to be shifted that way.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
i'm stayin out of this now cuz i don't want to get banned from here. i've said my share

I'm sorry we disagree on this topic steve, I know your a good guy and I'd hate to have you resent me for trying to defend myself. It's like Justins motor b4 he bought it, it's a grey area, not everyone agrees with it but it is what it is right?

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your entitled to your opinion but look at what i do for a living and see every day. a new car which is stock, doesn't have the powertrain setup for short shifting properly without causing strain on the components.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie