Alberta Random Talk

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
ward your the outcast in this thread lol. and nathan short shifting does put added strain on your shifter, linkage and powertrain and its not designed to be shifted that way.

...........i don't understand that, maybe it's a definition difference, i've had that ALOT with Colin and Justin over the years........Short shifting to me is going halfway to redline and shifting......that's usually what normal ppl do when their driving, go halfway to redline and shift.

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
C'mon guys. No more e-fighting.

corncry.gif

Hug?

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
your entitled to your opinion but look at what i do for a living and see every day. a new car which is stock, doesn't have the powertrain setup for short shifting properly without causing strain on the components.

on the contrary, the Cobalt SS LNF has a very strong powertrain, i have yet to hear of anyone blowing a tranny on the LNF, the only engine i know of that blew was Choko and he was spraying it, to be expected. The shifter, various ppl have had maybe 1 issue with it and once fixed has been solid to date. The rear brake issue has come up for a few ppl and the way to fix it was found using a die-grinder to clear up casting flash.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

C'mon guys. No more e-fighting.

corncry.gif

Hug?

e-fighting? i thought it was an e-debate, damn i'm in the wrong place:emotions122:

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well thats not my definition of short shifting. i looked it up and apparently my idea of short shifting was confused with speed shifting. and yes right now its an e-debate, no more e-fighting

wardzach2007

Super Moderator
Reaction score
on the contrary, the Cobalt SS LNF has a very strong powertrain, i have yet to hear of anyone blowing a tranny on the LNF, the only engine i know of that blew was Choko and he was spraying it, to be expected. The shifter, various ppl have had maybe 1 issue with it and once fixed has been solid to date. The rear brake issue has come up for a few ppl and the way to fix it was found using a die-grinder to clear up casting flash.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

e-fighting? i thought it was an e-debate, damn i'm in the wrong place:emotions122:

Well I guess it is a car forum. :think:

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
ok well thats not my definition of short shifting. i looked it up and apparently my idea of short shifting was confused with speed shifting. and yes right now its an e-debate, no more e-fighting

lol trust me, i've had MULTIPLE confusions with Justin and Colin here at the house because of different definitions we each had. lol more so with Colin, me and him love to debate with each other but sometimes we end up arguing and have to go separate ways for a few hours then smoke one and figure shit out lol

Yea man, i have to(by my definition lol) short shift to gain a better time, otherwise i spin my tires for nothing. It's rather nice too, many other less powerful cars have to run out 1st and shift between 1st and 2nd alot but the Cobalt SS LNF is very well geared making it easier to keep my hands on the wheel too.

Last edited:

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya its all good. have i mentioned how much i hate temple's roads. massive man holes everyone with no signs and dull orange paint on them. ran over one last night driving a friend home. made my intake come loose again.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
ya its all good. have i mentioned how much i hate temple's roads. massive man holes everyone with no signs and dull orange paint on them. ran over one last night driving a friend home. made my intake come loose again.

i avoid the NorthEast at almost all costs, :( lotta not so nice roads and lotta not so paying attention while they drive around there :whymewhyme:

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

so how about 30 psi SS/TC?

i've heard as far as 25psi, even then a better clutch was required asap to hold the power.......otherwise it's beyond my library lol, care to indulge us? PLSSSS:popcorn: I want to learn more, yes i'm eating popcorn lol leftover from last night

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson