fastest n/a 2.2

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far 14.95 (full interior and driver suck mod lol) @ 95mph. dynod at 180.16 but afr was bad, vince retuned and all est shows approx 200whp (before valve guides blew)

as for mods:
Performance:
Ebay cold air intake
AEM dryflow filter
2.4l intake manifold
2.4l throttle body
stage 2 Comp cams
lsj injectors
shaved cylinder head .020"
Jason Smith strut bar
Clear Image 4-2-1 header
Clear Image 2.5" catless DP
Clear Image 3" catback w/ Magnaflow muffler & resontator
H&R sport springs
SS/TC struts/ shocks
SS/TC Front Sway bar
SS/TC End Links
MRZ lightweight alternator pulley
MRZ lightweight crank pulley
TTR tranny mounts
TTR solid engine mount
TTR rear sway bar
Trifecta Tune
Ebay oil catch can

i have other stuff, but that is the stuff pertaining to the track except that im on 17" adr phantoms w/ 225/45/17 nitto neogens (at the time of the run i was on kuhmo ecsta 205/35/17's)

since the valve guides are pretty well shot on this cyl head im pulling engine this winter and doing the following:
stg3 port and polish
port match intake and exhaust
clean up intake mani
port & polish TB
shave head more
cometic thinner head gasket
1mm oversized valves
si valve train w/ heavier weight capacity valve springs
eagle h beam rods
cleaned up pistons
piston ring replacement and honing of cyl
new seals all around
and a redyno tune by vince

all est of this build should put it at 240whp+ and with a good driver mod and track i should be LOOOOOOOOOW 14s on the track if not better ;)

dam not bad man. dont u think 3inch exhaust is too big ? just a ?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
dam not bad man. dont u think 3inch exhaust is too big ? just a ?
thanks! been a work in progress :D
not when i finish buiilding the bottom end (FULL bottom end engine build to come later)...then ill be pushing enough. i got it for a good price, and it uses a 2.5" muffler and downpipe to keep the pressure right, so the 3" is simply for the deeper sound :D

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks! been a work in progress :D
not when i finish buiilding the bottom end (FULL bottom end engine build to come later)...then ill be pushing enough. i got it for a good price, and it uses a 2.5" muffler and downpipe to keep the pressure right, so the 3" is simply for the deeper sound :D
thats sweet bro. how much did it run u to get the head shaved ?

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats sweet bro. how much did it run u to get the head shaved ?
the first time it was 60$+tax for the head shaving and cleaning...but that doesnt include new gaskets and bolts and such...to do the head, if you were to JUST do that to it...your looking at at least 300$ total...if not more....if you have ARP headstuds you can cut about 150 out of that...but you still have to buy those the first time around.

this time im doing it its getting done as a part of a full head machining by slowboy racing. dont know the breakdown for just that though.

this next round in full im looking at about 2.4k in parts and work and im doing ALL the work except the machining work myself, so no labor costs.

thatll bring up total for the car (not just perf) to 7.5k not including purchase cost....wow...that kinda hurts to realize hahahahaha :rofl:
perf from that i would EST at 5k, rest is steeo, tint, spoiler, new interior, random stuff, etc

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

if i could drive like huckernage can though, i would be running low 14s right now and mid 13s after this build...the car will be capable..now all the driver needs is practice to see a mid 13 sec n/a 2.2 and to make alot of people eat their words from the past ;)

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first time it was 60$+tax for the head shaving and cleaning...but that doesnt include new gaskets and bolts and such...to do the head, if you were to JUST do that to it...your looking at at least 300$ total...if not more....if you have ARP headstuds you can cut about 150 out of that...but you still have to buy those the first time around.

this time im doing it its getting done as a part of a full head machining by slowboy racing. dont know the breakdown for just that though.

this next round in full im looking at about 2.4k in parts and work and im doing ALL the work except the machining work myself, so no labor costs.

thatll bring up total for the car (not just perf) to 7.5k not including purchase cost....wow...that kinda hurts to realize hahahahaha :rofl:
perf from that i would EST at 5k, rest is steeo, tint, spoiler, new interior, random stuff, etc

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

if i could drive like huckernage can though, i would be running low 14s right now and mid 13s after this build...the car will be capable..now all the driver needs is practice to see a mid 13 sec n/a 2.2 and to make alot of people eat their words from the past ;)
thats not a bad price. do u know if the patriots head will work for my 07 cobalt ?

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

by the way nitrous will get u in the 13s

SportLt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, well i ran a 9.32 with nothing but a " holy fucking shit look at that driver go!!" mod.

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hunkernage ran like a 14.2 just weight reduction, suspension mods and full bolt ons..

now he has stg 2 cams.. LULZ he'll have easy mid 13's next season

camopaint0707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just have the full bolt ons, I did have cams but they didn't fit my 07, I can't wait till someone makes cams for the 2007, I guess i'm set then since I don't wanna do all that internal engine stuff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup