G8 GT vs. the new Taurus, or I SHOed him!

Jackalope

Reaction score
I can see why some may say "WTF!?" cause of me doing this and then scolding others. But the difference is that I won't race someone where traffic even has a CHANCE of getting involved or if there's anyone standing around watching it go down or if any critters could run out and wipe you out. Now I know most of you don't live in Maryland and don't know what 97 is so let me paint you a pictar. 3 lans wide each way, 2 wide shoulders each way, Jersey wall divider or double gaurd rails in the center of a wide grass medien, sound walls on either side and no on or off ramps where we went at it. Basicly a walled off runway with no one around, then I'll play around a little :D But please note when the off ramp came up where I was getting off I was already done with the race.

As for the SHO yes its twin turboed and direct injected and a NICE car.

Not sure what mine puts down WHP wise, never had a chance to get it dynoed but maybe I'll just have to. ;)

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I can see why some may say "WTF!?" cause of me doing this and then scolding others. But the difference is that I won't race someone where traffic even has a CHANCE of getting involved or if there's anyone standing around watching it go down or if any critters could run out and wipe you out. Now I know most of you don't live in Maryland and don't know what 97 is so let me paint you a pictar. 3 lans wide each way, 2 wide shoulders each way, Jersey wall divider or double gaurd rails in the center of a wide grass medien, sound walls on either side and no on or off ramps where we went at it. Basicly a walled off runway with no one around, then I'll play around a little :D But please note when the off ramp came up where I was getting off I was already done with the race.

Not sure what mine puts down WHP wise, never had a chance to get it dynoed but maybe I'll just have to. ;)

365hp and 350tq are the power numbers for the 2010 Taurus SHO AWD, its a good setup, that engine modified will be exciting :)

CoOkie07g5

Platinum Member
Reaction score

where in maryland are you from?

Jackalope

Reaction score
365hp and 350tq are the power numbers for the 2010 Taurus SHO AWD, its a good setup, that engine modified will be exciting :)

I know. And mines 355hp and 385tq down from the 361 of the 08's thanks to a second set of cats. Damn cats!

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

where in maryland are you from?

Brooklyn Park just south of the city on Rt.2 in Anne Arundel co.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I know. And mines 355hp and 385tq down from the 361 of the 08's thanks to a second set of cats. Damn cats!

lol easy enough to cut out and also add a little diameter to the exhaust while your down there =) u know, a full catback system :bath:"ahhh power, feels sooooooo goooooooood"

Jackalope

Reaction score
you're not far from where i am! i live in lansdowne..

You're right around the corner from me then!

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

lol easy enough to cut out and also add a little diameter to the exhaust while your down there =) u know, a full catback system :bath:"ahhh power, feels sooooooo goooooooood"

Next summer I'm thinking a set of long tube headers and upping it to 3 inch duals with no cats and Dynomax turbo mufflers. It should be worth ABOUT an additional 20-30 horses. It'll also get a Corvette lower pulley which is basicly an underdrive pulley BUT since its a GM part they can't say anything to me about it. Then an intake and tune, that should put me in the 420-440hp range and then maybe a 3000 RPM stall converter and a set of 3:70 gears outback and I'll be DEEP, DEEP into the 12's. Maybe a 50 shot and hit high 11's, then maybe not. Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais