G8 GT vs. the new Taurus, or I SHOed him!

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only ford im in love with all the others r ok as long as its not a 90s model
0305_11999_To_2003_Ford_SVT_F150_Li.jpg

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
You're right around the corner from me then!

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Next summer I'm thinking a set of long tube headers and upping it to 3 inch duals with no cats and Dynomax turbo mufflers. It should be worth ABOUT an additional 20-30 horses. It'll also get a Corvette lower pulley which is basicly an underdrive pulley BUT since its a GM part they can't say anything to me about it. Then an intake and tune, that should put me in the 420-440hp range and then maybe a 3000 RPM stall converter and a set of 3:70 gears outback and I'll be DEEP, DEEP into the 12's. Maybe a 50 shot and hit high 11's, then maybe not. Any thoughts?

Sounds like a quick and easy build for some very respectable power, tho I'm not a fan of using spray, i prefer power available on tap all the time, IMO, S/C kit to start with and a full turbo build down the road, that's just IMHO tho :)

Jackalope

Reaction score
Sounds like a quick and easy build for some very respectable power, tho I'm not a fan of using spray, i prefer power available on tap all the time, IMO, S/C kit to start with and a full turbo build down the road, that's just IMHO tho :)

With JUST a supercharger kit running 8psi she'd make over 450hp. Include the other mods and I'd be looking at something in the 480hp range if not break 500. Unfortunetly superchargers ain't exactly cheap, like about 7 to 10k!

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
ha ha I actually Like the sho... I just wish they would have come out with the G8 GXP before they went under oh well being canadian sucks some times

u could just import a GTO up here =) i've seen about 2 so far in Calgary, very sexy and with mods they run some amazing times. U could get one for a very good deal if u look in the right places.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

With JUST a supercharger kit running 8psi she'd make over 450hp. Include the other mods and I'd be looking at something in the 480hp range if not break 500. Unfortunetly superchargers ain't exactly cheap, like about 7 to 10k!

:( that sucks about how expensive it is, but it's something to save up for I guess rite?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais