It's cold outside: -20 F

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually let mine warm up for a lil while (10 mins or so) before I rev it up. But usually I just get in a drive. Did any of you find it hard to shift? cause holy FAWK I got on the road and could barely get it in 1st and 2nd. I felt like a moron though trying to take off from lights

car show on tv tell around 20 sec the car ready to go. only thing i can not go it because my windshield is still freezed. same if you apply washer it freez up right away.

i see a lot people driving with like 20% defrost looking by the clear hole. dangerous driver.
or
those you drive with 2' of snow on their roof at 100km.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grab some of the orange RainX washerfluid, its bug and deicer. Amazing stuff.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
deicerbr_main.jpg

"Effective to -25 degrees F"

Cruisn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
car show on tv tell around 20 sec the car ready to go. only thing i can not go it because my windshield is still freezed. same if you apply washer it freez up right away.

i see a lot people driving with like 20% defrost looking by the clear hole. dangerous driver.
or
those you drive with 2' of snow on their roof at 100km.

The show is fucking wrong
, my oil pressure gauge tells me to wait 1 minute before we even have full pressure. let alone to heat up properly, below -5c I would wait 5 minutes, -10 and below it gets a full 15 minuter and -20c and below 15-25 and -35c and below I will run nit for 30 before I drive, I also have it plugged in, also will elave it running all day if there is no plug in. car ran for 6 hours straight yesterday. **** you all, -35c is damn cold and I want a warm car that will not blow the motor due to cold motor oil.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score

, my oil pressure gauge tells me to wait 1 minute before we even have full pressure. let alone to heat up properly, below -5c I would wait 5 minutes, -10 and below it gets a full 15 minuter and -20c and below 15-25 and -35c and below I will run nit for 30 before I drive, I also have it plugged in, also will elave it running all day if there is no plug in. car ran for 6 hours straight yesterday. **** you all, -35c is damn cold and I want a warm car that will not blow the motor due to cold motor oil.

I run my car every 2 hours in -30c when it's outside, lately i've been running it 15mins before i even get into it on my breaks and i never rev it until it's been running for about 15 mins and of course at home i am in a heated parkade.

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this is my opinion

car expert tell you can go after 20 sec but at low speed, no load. but you have to get a clear windshield when u r driving.

5min that is good.
10 min begin to waste of gaz
15-25 min waste of gaz (is TC run on premium gas)
30 min waste of gaz +
6hrs on idle= waste of gaz. you burn to much gas

option

buy a block hearter that warm up your oil. best way.
i can understand that you r in the most rich province that produce oil for usa BTW.

i m in qc city and i can tell you something. with st-lawrance river that give full humidity, we have big minus here. but i never run my car like 6 hrs to keep it warm. i thing that it extreme.

'' will not blow the motor due to cold motor'' but during 6 hrs you r not there to check if everything work good. u can get something wrong and you r not there stop it right away. i mean a hose issue or anything else.

Cruisn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is my opinion

car expert tell you can go after 20 sec but at low speed, no load. but you have to get a clear windshield when u r driving.

5min that is good.
10 min begin to waste of gaz
15-25 min waste of gaz (is TC run on premium gas)
30 min waste of gaz +
6hrs on idle= waste of gaz. you burn to much gas

option

buy a block hearter that warm up your oil. best way.
i can understand that you r in the most rich province that produce oil for usa BTW.

i m in qc city and i can tell you something. with st-lawrance river that give full humidity, we have big minus here. but i never run my car like 6 hrs to keep it warm. i thing that it extreme.

'' will not blow the motor due to cold motor'' but during 6 hrs you r not there to check if everything work good. u can get something wrong and you r not there stop it right away. i mean a hose issue or anything else.

I had zero oil pressure after 30 seconds still. so you start driving your car after 20... hell... when your block is still -30 you put some strain on that. great idea.

my car runs on premium to. I would be suprised is we burned 1-1.5 liters per hour idling the car.

as for watching the car, not to worried about it, I have custom tuning, the cooling fans kick on 100% if its 3*c over temperature and if your car has issues like that then you should have a big enough brain to not leave it unattended. my lumina likes to heat up on me... it get 5 minutes alone tops.

and I do have a block heater, I want a warm car to. I am human of course. crank that heat. 70-120 cents tops for a warm car... I am all over that.

On a worse note: a good friend of mine driving a 2.0 ss/sc jsut blew his motor when it was -45c out, oil pump failed trying to move the oil.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn am I glad it doesnt get that cold here. -49f would be insane! its been down at 20f the last few nights (-6c)

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had zero oil pressure after 30 seconds still. so you start driving your car after 20... hell... when your block is still -30 you put some strain on that. great idea.

my car runs on premium to. I would be suprised is we burned 1-1.5 liters per hour idling the car.

as for watching the car, not to worried about it, I have custom tuning, the cooling fans kick on 100% if its 3*c over temperature and if your car has issues like that then you should have a big enough brain to not leave it unattended. my lumina likes to heat up on me... it get 5 minutes alone tops.

and I do have a block heater, I want a warm car to. I am human of course. crank that heat. 70-120 cents tops for a warm car... I am all over that.

On a worse note: a good friend of mine driving a 2.0 ss/sc jsut blew his motor when it was -45c out, oil pump failed trying to move the oil.

that is right if your friend rpm to the hell. it not running at 2000rpm that ll blow up a engine. people here idle it a 3000rpm to warm up. so i guess your friend over rev it under extrem condition. it suree that -45 i will not run it after 20sec but i ll not rev it over 2500rpm for few km

i thing that warm up like you do it a luxe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie