seafoam fail

CJ n Shagy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been using SeaFoam for 42 years and here is how i use it
i put 8 oz in my oil at oil change and 16 oz in my gas on the next tank after oil change
if you havent used it before, put a can in every fill up for at least 3 fill ups
then

i am now using TC W3 now in my gas at 1 ounce to 5 gallons of gas.

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats weird...well when i did mine...i let it suck half into the vac line....and half in the gas tank....then i let it sit for about 5 mins...after about 5 or 6 mins..i turned it back on....and whoa....my neighbors thought i had broken my car and i just explained to them i was doing a top engine clean....lol. they still didnt understand....and said thats not normal.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I did seafoam on my last vehicle a 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 2.0L and it worked very well, lol smoked like crazy as I expected it would, tho we never put any in the gas tank.

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i wonder if the blower rotors got in the way :p may try pouring it down the boost gauge nipple by the head...

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just seafoam'd my moms minivan...it feels way smoother...it has 213k miles on it...but it still runs like new...i put it on a 5 gas machine to see what kind of emissions it putting out...and they are very low....everything withing spec

chemist

Reaction score
put it in your gas tank then? when its low?

i'd think long and hard before i ever did that to a vehicle again. Remember, the fuel pump is in there, and not only expensive, but a bastard to replace...

Also, when you do this, do you disconnect your cat?

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd think long and hard before i ever did that to a vehicle again. Remember, the fuel pump is in there, and not only expensive, but a bastard to replace...

Also, when you do this, do you disconnect your cat?

o_O disconnect the cat...umm...u relize its welded from factory to the cobalts downpipe right? and on top of that...i dont run a cat...although putting one back on is on my to do list, and only bc i liked my exhaust tone better with the cat still on....and putting seafoam in the gas tank doesnt cause any problems...its in the intructions...im probably going to just remove my manifold and clean it up...wont do that ti'll later though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaiAnderso