Thread Title edits/Post edits

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
i think as moderators you guys need to be VERY careful with title edits and post edits/deleting........i fear that the power each mod has been given is a slippery slope to becoming another fail.net and i would be very sad if it happened......just be careful guys, it's easy to be in your position and mess around but what happens if u mess around and someone is in a really bad mood and takes it the wrong way? Then u have fail.net type drama and damn man we don't need that on here.............I think thread titles should be locked once created and only be able to delete it or leave it as is.....it's 1 less temptation to cause trouble. The same would go for post edits, the moderators can only delete a post, never edit it, again, 1 less temptation.

Just my humble observations guys, don't take it the wrong way. I love this forum to death and don't ever want anything bad to happen to it.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
just outta curiosity.... what generated this?

meh, saw the random post thread of the month title changed a few times and i know from fail.net that it is a slippery slope, soon u will see ppl's usernames up there with nasty comments(meant as poking fun at someone) but in the end it's a very slippery slope that turns into drama when someone gets madd about their username being in a thread title with a nasty comment/suggestion ect.

It's ok lol u can call me mother hen for posting this, but it's truth and it needed to be posted as a warning, just to be safe. Protect ccf.com at all costs lol

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh, i say don't worry about it unless it really becomes a problem. no harm done so far. it's a small site and usually small sites with a couple mod's always on nothing bad happens. the problem happens when u have a big site and not enough mod's or not the right mod's to control if people start to fight. it's like a chain reaction and on this site the most it would be is 2-3 people fighting and 1 mod on at the time to stop it. idk if any of this makes sense to you i suck at explaining stuff but hopefully you get the right idea from where i am coming

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
ahhh, i say don't worry about it unless it really becomes a problem. no harm done so far. it's a small site and usually small sites with a couple mod's always on nothing bad happens. the problem happens when u have a big site and not enough mod's or not the right mod's to control if people start to fight. it's like a chain reaction and on this site the most it would be is 2-3 people fighting and 1 mod on at the time to stop it. idk if any of this makes sense to you i suck at explaining stuff but hopefully you get the right idea from where i am coming

I see where your coming from and generally i agree with you, just wanting to ensure that's all it ever comes to. Trying to play it on the safe side, when i saw the thread title changed all i could think of was the BS from fail.net i had to deal with.

<----Protector of CCF.com :D self nominated lol

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand what is being said

i agree that unless there is a NEED for it the thread title and posts shouldnt be changed
it can cause confusion and annoyance....esp since the op cant change some of that after 5 min haha

as for the post edits, i think that it only needs to be done if neccessary...
and even then it needs to be noted as a sep post.

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought you took off the 5 min?
for post edits, but they cant edit thread titles after 5 min and that should stay...

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Just for all ya members, staff is addressing this in the "back room"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson